On April 1st 1951, Hayes & Belva Jo Rogers purchased a double lot on Post Oak St, one mile from downtown Clayton. In 1952 Hayes, a local builder, completed construction on their 4-sided brick home. Over the years he added additional spaces, to include a large laundry/mud room. In the late 80s, at the request of his bride, he reluctantly agreed to cover all the original hardwood floors with wall-to-wall mauve carpeting. Folklore has it that his only public statement regarding this atrocity was "happy wife, happy life" Hayes and Belva Jo currently reside in a gorgeous home with gold streets and a Heavenly view.... And their piece of Heaven on Post Oak St is now eagerly awaiting for someone to write the next chapter of beautiful memories while making this house their home.